What a year it has been!
I hope this year you are closer to experience peace and freedom within your mind.
Remember it’s never too late to start meditating, even before the New Year has started.
Meditation isn’t a chore – it’s a pleasure to engage in and brings lightness and stillness into our mind.
For this to happen we have to approach our practice skilfully -? that is what we are here to help you with…to help guide you into a regular meditation practice.
Once this has happened then your own experience will urge you on.
Christmas time means many different things to people across the world.? There will be some who don’t even notice its passing.? For those in countries where the holiday has become embedded into their life this period of time can bring back many memories, some happy and some not so.
Christmas can be a time where many people across the world are alone and suicidal – why is this, we think backwards…..
When the mind is weakened by distraction it thinks backwards with a negative tint.? Meditation firstly brings us into the present, once our mind is in the present we can clear the crap from the past and start to look to the future.
The great thing about the Christmas holiday is that it’s just before the New Year so we have time to reflect and prepare for the New Year and those resolutions.
There are many articles on our site as to how to keep a resolution:
At Christmas we may have a little more free time – just a little perhaps…why not use this time to meditate?
So what to Meditate on during Christmas ?
Love is the one…
Love is such a powerful meditation and brings great happiness into our own and others lives.
Whether we believe in Christ or not we can take the opportunity to bring more love into our mind and share this with all those around us.
Why is love so powerful ?
It breaks down boundaries between people, societies, countries.
Often we look for differences – love seeks out similarities
Often we look for faults – love seeks out qualities
Often we hold onto resentment – love seeks out forgiveness
Cynicism is melted into peace
Love heals our mind and body and our relationships
Anyone can develop it – don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.
A Simple Meditation on love.
- Find a quiet space to devote at least 10 minutes to sitting still and enjoying Meditation
- Bring your attention to the sensation of your breathing. Observe its sensation as it enters and leaves your body.
- After a few minutes visualize yourself surrounded by all the people in your life – gradually extend a feeling of warmth to them recognizing they wish for happiness just like you…
- Bring to mind the love you have for your family & friends – extend this to as many people across the world…try to hold this experience in your heart for as long as possible.
- When the experience fades then try to rekindle it with the above contemplation.
- At the conclusion of your Meditation develop a wish to take this experience into your daily life.
It is the most powerful emotion in the world.
Have a great Christmas and enjoy spreading the love!
I’m taking the 14 Day Meditation Challenge on 1/1/2013 – join me & create the habit of a lifetime – enroll for free.